Sunday, March 25, 2007

My grandma's croquet

This is one of my favorite dish growing up. The night my grandmother makes her special croquet means I will end up over-eating, again. I don't know the exact measurements of all the ingredients, so I can only approximate everything here. I have added some of my personal touch into this dish and surprisingly they turned out pretty good. Here is how I did it ...

4 medium size potatoes
2 chopped scallions
~ 1 pound of lean ground beef
shaved parmesan cheese
salt, pepper, soy sauce, sesame oil to taste

Remove all potatoes skin and boil in hot water. When potatoes become very soft, drain the water and let them cool. Put the cooled potatoes in a large mixing bowl and mash. Mix in chopped scallions, shaved parmesan, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.

Marinate ground beef with soy sauce, salt, pepper, and sesame oil. Cook it in saucepan until done. Drain all sauce and let it cool.

Combine the chilled ground beef into the mashed potatoes.

When ready, use your hands and form the potato mixture into small round shapes. Coat the croquets with small amount of flour for browning purpose. Brown the croquets in a saucepan with canola oil and butter.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: